Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Blog!

I have finally decided to succumb to technology and start a blog. I really wanted to keep friends and family up-to-date with what was going on in our lives, so here it is! Enjoy :)





Nicholas and I were engaged on October 16th, 2008. I came home from work to find that Nicholas had written a note on my mirror with a bar of soap, along with flowers and another note leading me to the place where we first met. After I finished the scavenger hunt and arrived at the last clue, I caught Nicholas lighting hundreds of candles at the place that overlooked campus where we used to sit. He proposed and I said yes! He had taken my family (my brothers included!) out to dinner that night and asked for permission to marry me. It's a good thing that they said yes, because he had already planned the proposal and purchased the ring :)


Here are a few photos of the events that happened shortly after.

Right after he popped the question! It was about 1 a.m., and I was tired and crying.

He did a great job!






An adorable table at the engagement party that my wonderful roomates planned for us! We had a great turnout- about 60 people crammed in my apartment!


Cute sign made by my roomates Brittany and Jessica, with the architectural help of Ryan, of course :)

Nicholas and I are now in the beginning stages of planning our wedding! We have a perfect venue that will be reserved shortly, then the real planning can begin! More updates to follow...

3 comments:

  1. YAYY for gettin a blog! ok, i am texting you TODAY about lunch this week because my test is FINALLY over! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you're blogging about your wedding plans and such... I look forward to all the planning posts and pictures :)
    -Alli Cooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better get one of those Save the Dates, even here in Africa. I want to see more than just the sneak peak.

    P.S. Now it's more than just the food in Africa that makes me vom. I mean that so lovingly and with only a hint of jealousy. I am ridiculously in love with both of you. Damn.

    ReplyDelete